Afraid of high roof leak repair bills? The experts from Home Warranty of America (HWA) offer the following tips to keep your roof in good shape:
- Inspect your roof in the late fall and early spring (binoculars work well), looking for loose shingles or shakes or missing or cracked tiles.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean and free of debris.
- Check the attic for water stains and weak shingles after heavy storms.
- Algae, moss and mildew can trap moisture and shorten the life of your roof -- clean the areas yourself or hire a professional.
- Consider purchasing a home warranty to augment your regular maintenance. Some HWA plans cover roof leak repair. Just place a claim online or call 888-492-7359, and pay a small trade call fee.
For more information on HWA’s roof leak repair coverage, speak with one of HWA’s knowledgeable customer service agents now!