HVAC Maintenance Tips
How to Care for Your Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning System
Your HVAC system is one of the most complicated and important in your home. It's usually comprised of your furnace and your central air conditioning system, as well as your ducts, vents, refrigerant lines, and other equipment that keeps your home comfortable, no matter the season. Keeping these components tuned up, clean and maintained is vital to the health and longevity of your HVAC system.
- Have your HVAC system serviced annually by a trained professional.
- Replace filters on the schedule recommended by the manufacturer.
- To keep debris out of your air conditioning unit after the season ends, buy a cover at the local hardware store, or make one out of trash bags or a drop cloth and some duct tape.
- Make sure your registers or vents are not blocked by furniture, carpets or drapes.
- Have your ductwork and vents cleaned professionally, especially if you see debris, insects and other blockages. This will increase the efficiency and life of your system, and keep the air in your home cleaner.
- If you have a problem with your HVAC system, check for blown fuses, tripped circuit breakers and proper power before calling for repairs.
Visit our Learning Center for more home maintenance tips.
HWA Has You Covered
A home warranty from HWA provides security against the unexpected expenses of inevitable home repairs. Whether you're buying, selling, or already in your home, we have a plan to fit!View Plans